Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Team

Our team for Turn Biloxi Around #9 with FFCC was a small but focused group of 5. The other four team members were returning to the area after having made mulitple rebuilding trips in the last couple of years. I was the newbie in the group. This was my first trip - and in all honesty, by comparision, I didn't bring alot of skills to the table. You never know in these situations if you will end up being more of a nuisance than a help.

I was fortunate to be part of such an amazing team of people. The days were long and the heat and humidity intense - but it was a joy to get up - share breakfast together and go to 'work' each day. Instead of feeling lost and inadequate I was blessed to be guided through out the day by a group of patient and gentle spirited men. I was the slowest one in the group and I am sure I ended up wearing as much drywall mud as I put on the walls - but they all made me feel like I had made a meaningful contribution.

Our Fearless Leader - aka "the energizer bunny"



Mr. Construction, Fixit and our Go To Man for Everything



Mr. Plumbing and Electrical



Mr. Drywall and Door Hanger Extra-ordinaire



The Apprentice

No comments: