Friday, October 12, 2007

Alice's Tea Party

My friend Alice has been researching local dessert options after last week's post detailing my adventures with cup cakes in Beverly Hills.

This evening we enjoyed a tea party at Heaven Sent Desserts in North Park. Great find Alice!! It is a very cool little dessert cafe. Completely my groove - I loved the ambiance. When you order you are given a Beatrice Potter book that acts as a stand/holder to put on your table to display your order number. Alice asked if we could have The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin for our order holder. The server smiled w-i-d-e-l-y. I am guessing they don't have alot of those kinds of special requests!

I ordered the Alice's Tea Party Cup Cakes (with a name like that -- really how could I resist?!?) and an Earl Grey Tea. Alice had a mini coconut cream pie and coffee.

With the chill in the air tonight -- it was the perfect evening for hot tea!

Yes, they really are called Alice's Tea Party Cup Cakes!!!



Our Heaven Sent Desserts

No comments: