Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Welcome?!

A road sign from my drive home this evening.



What could possibly be afoot that I needed to avoid the area near my home.

Once home, I found the following e-mail from UCSD. The menacing road sign is our way of welcoming the U.S. Open to town!


We want you to be aware of a major event in June that will impact traffic around the campus. The U.S. Open Golf Tournament will be held the week of June 9-14 at the Torrey Pines Golf Course and is expected to significantly affect transportation and roads surrounding our campus.

It is recommended you allow extra time for your travels that week. Approximately 50,000 persons are expected to attend each day. The profound impact of this on many people in the vicinity of the campus cannot be over stated. Peak hours for arriving traffic are 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and peak exiting hours are 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.


Hmmm...
I wonder if I can use this note as justification for a 10:00 am - 2:00pm work schedule next week!

No comments: