Thursday, June 12, 2008

No filter today

It has been one of those long frustrating work weeks. That combined with feeling ill today -- I guess I just didn't have it in me to pretend. Lately, I have noticed when I am not feeling well I start to loose my *filter* - I start to say exactly what I am thinking...

Dealing with data across timezones is always fun. Today, I was trying to enter a transaction from our office (PST) on a server in the midwest (CST) and have it appear in our web portal with the client's timezone (EST). After some configuration changes by another engineer on the team - I did some testing this was my report back.

Team

Good news is we are no longer stuck in the windy city of Chicago (a.k.a Central Time) - bad news is we flew right by Michigan (our destination of EST), St John's, NFLD (Newfie Time) and ended up God knows where.

I submitted this transaction at at 1:04pm PST, was expecting was expecting to see 4:04 pm EST, got 8:04 PM Mystery timezone.

516 Approved Change Demographics Susie Test 06/12/2008 06/12/2008 08:04:40 PM History

Shall we try again ...

-Tippie


No comments: