Monday, June 9, 2008

Another Juice/Tea Combo

Recently, I have been reading the book Skinny Bitch. Ouch, if the title doesn't scorch your ears, the content will. Let's just says it uses much more colourful language than I am accustomed to. That aside, it is an interesting expose on 'we are what we eat' and a reminder to be more intentional about what we consume.

When life gets busy I have an unfortunate tendency to be less intentional about my meals and grab for the quick and easy 'junky' snacks. That has happened a bit too often lately -- so I made a point of stocking up on some healthy groceries for the week. My quest for a replacement for my fave and now extinct Zen Blend Iced Tea is ongoing. Today I am trying out Trader Joes Pomegranate Green Tea. I still prefer POM's Pomegrate Peach White Tea - but the Trader Joe's Tea has a friendly price tag. I am thinking it might actually make a good base liquid for a fruit smoothie. I'll let you know how that works out.

No comments: