Sunday, June 1, 2008

Double Dippin' Sunday

Today was double dippin' Sunday.

I have been off on my weekend Eliz-adventures and it seems like ages since I have been in town on a Sunday. It was good to be back home at LJCC today.

The theme of this morning's service was humility. There is nothing more humbling than to be reminded that a mere 45 minutes from where I live in affluence, there are people struggling day to day in abject poverty. Building a home is such a small drop of help in an ocean of need.

I arrived at church this morning as the following song was being sung.

Gloria (selected lyrics)
by Paul Colman

We all walk the same earth
We all breathe the same air
We all feel the same rain that falls

We all have the same heart
Beneath our skin the same blood
Flowing from our maker's hand

All God's children, all God's children
Sing Gloria, sing Gloria
All creation, come before Him
Sing Gloria, sing Gloria


After church I took what I thought would be a 15 minute power nap. Wow, I was out cold for 5 hours! Fortunately, I woke up just in time to scoot up the freeway and catch the Come Build Hope celebration service at SBPC .

Out on the patio was a wall filled with our build team pictures and several family biographies. It was fun to meet up with several members from my team, stand in front of the wall, and share our memories of the weekend.



Our trip celebration and highlight video. Enjoy!




Slowly, our online photo album is being built out here.

No comments: