Sunday, June 22, 2008

Submerged

The weather here has been freakishly hot all weekend. My apartment has become a slower cooker- and I have not enjoyed stewing in my own juices. Rather than melt in the heat ...I decided to escape, have some fun and find a cool body of water to submerge myself in. Yesterday, I surfed and snorkled at Cardiff. Today I stayed local and floated around the community pool.



Tonight I went for early evening walk over to the grocery store and stocked up on fruit popsicles. I figure I can float in the pool until nightfall,then I head back and sit on the balcony enjoying popsicles until bed time.

The weatherman says the heat should start to ease off soon. Either way, tomorrow it is back to work. I don't think I will be complaining 'bout the iglou conditions caused by the air conditioning in the office!

No comments: