Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Very Scenic Route

By opting for the coast rather than the freeway - I managed to spend ALL day making the drive from San Diego to Santa Barbara. It was worth it for the beautiful views. It was a great treat to see portions of the coast I had never visited before. Of course, stopping in Malibu and Montecito for *treats* was an added bonus.

As I hit Santa Barbara the sun was going down and now it was getting really cold. I think it may have even dipped below 60 degrees! Somehow, In the midst of the morning scramble to pack, I managed to throw in my Fall coat. Not a wimpy Californian jacket - an authentic flannel lined coat from Canada! I enjoyed a long and toasty warm evening stroll on the boardwalk.


East Beach, Santa Barbara, CA at night


After a full day of driving, I retired to my room and spent the rest of the evening curled up with a book by the warm fire.


Toasty Warm Fire in my room

No comments: