Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Grocery Store Karaoke

Last night after dinner I put on my spiffy new shoes and set out for a stroll to the grocery store. About half way there I started to feel sprinkles of rain. It has been nine months since our last good rain - so we are due. Normally, rain in So Cal is more like mist or spits of water. Tonight the skies looked determined - so I made a U turn and headed for home. About 20 minutes later the sky opened up and the rain came pouring down. The rest of the evening I enjoyedt he sounds of the pitter patter of raindrops on the balcony.

After last night's aborted trip to the grocery store - today I stopped at the local plaza on my way home from work. What a zoo!! Lots and lots and lots of folks picking up their last minute odds and ends for Thanksgiving. The crowds and lines can be frustrating, but Trader Joes has made a game out of the mayhem that keeps you entertained in line. They call it the "IN-LINE Karaoke Party"!




In-Line Karoake Party Sign at my Local Trader Joes

No comments: