Monday, November 10, 2008

Riding Along The Coast

This trip, I decided to bring my bike along. I am so glad I did!

This morning it was still a little cool - but that makes perfect bike riding weather. After breakfast I hopped on my bike and set out. I didn't really map out a plan ahead of time. I figured I would head south along the coast and explore a little.



At the end of East Beach I picked up a bike path and was soon following the signs that would guide me along the coastal route. On the edge of Montecito the bike path separates from the road and takes you through gorgeous gardens a top the coastal bluffs. There were lots of lawn maitenance guys out watering the gardens. I stopped along the way to chat and practice a little spanish.



Eventually, I emerged in a residential area of coastal Montecito. I wound my way through the neighbourhood until I I saw a surfer dude. I followed him down to a beach access and stopped for a drink and to watch the surf. It was a pretty flat day. The only other person out in the water had a paddle with them and was standing up paddling along rather than catching waves.



Next, I decided to head inland and found a beautiful path through a tree lined park.



At the end of the path was a wonderful vista with a beautiful view of the foothills and gorgeous estates of the area. Sadly, just a few days later this area was in flames.

No comments: