Thursday, September 4, 2008

Poor Picky

Picky and I have been spending a lot of time at the vet lately. After a series of exams and blood work she was recently diagnosed with Chronic Renal Failure (CRF). For the last week, her days have been spent at the vets receiving intravenous fluids. This has brought her blood levels back to near normal. After the first day she started to perk up and I began to see glimmers of her old self. In fact, she was down right demanding. After a month of no appetite - she requested that dinner be served *four* times!

We have been making time each night for some "porch" time. She loves to sit together on the landing and just "hang out".

Picky enjoying some "porch" time after day one on the I.V.



Today was the last day of I.V. fluids and the Pickster is ready to enjoy a weekend reprieve from the vet. Alas, Monday we are back again. Next up is Subcutaneous Fluid Therapy. The plan is I will learn how to administer the fluids so we can get off the frequent visitor plan at the vets. I am the most squeamish person I know - so we will see how that goes!


Picky with bandage on one leg

No comments: