Wednesday, August 27, 2008

And the Flag Goes To...

If you had asked me 10 years ago ... I would have never expected I would be flying the American flag. But here I am!

This morning R- had her swearing in ceremony and officially became a citizen. Congrats R-!

A group of us greeted her after the ceremony and made a rather pathetic attempt at singing the National Anthem. After that, the 'ceremonial' flag was bestowed upon me.

We have a tradition, here at work, "the flag" is passed along to the next foreign national eligible for citizenship. In the last few years it has had quite the journey. There has been a rapid succession of folks being naturalized. This Sunday, I will be celebrating the 2nd anniversary of my green card. That puts me two and half years out from applying for naturalization. So ... it looks like the flag will be flying in my office for a while...

Our ceremonial flag.
I look forward to passing it along to C.S. in a couple of years

No comments: