Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday Bike Ride

Today was a gorgeous day! Full on summer weather. I took a bike ride up the coast. Along the way I stopped in Cardiff. I enjoyed a wedding on the beach and then about 200 feet away I sat and watched a local surf competition.



One of the things I enjoy most about spring time - is that everything is in bloom. The side of the road is teaming with colourful flowers.



I stopped at Torrey Pines State Park on the way back to sit on the beach and read for a bit. Currently, I am reading, Turn My Mourning Into Dancing by Henri Nouwen. The theme of the book is that the way through suffering is not in denial, but rather in living fully in the midst of the trials that come our way. A recommended read. Provides some good perspective on finding joy in the journey.

No comments: