Sunday, February 17, 2008

Surfrider Beach, Malibu

It's a long weekend and so I am celebrated by making a little day trip.

Today's destination was Surfrider Beach in Malibu. It was a gorgeous day with great surf. Lots of surfers in the water and some were catching some great rides. It was fun watching the nose riders.



I took a stroll down to the pier. Lots of families with little kids, out enjoying a day of fishing together. I talked to one cute little girl who had a hot pink plastic Barbie fishing reel! She gave me a huge smile and shook her head when I asked if she had caught any fish.

Just north of the surf break is the Adamson House and the Malibu Lagoon State Park. There are no tours on Sundays but you can wander through the grounds. The Adamson House is famous for its' Malibu Tiles. I saw several as I explored the property. I look forward to returning again and taking a tour of the house. The Malibu lagoon was full of all sorts of neat aquatic birds - even with all the rain we have had lately - it was still rather dry.

Dry Malibu Lagoon



Tile Fountain at the Adamson House



I had planned to continue my earlier dessert tour of L.A. by stopping at Dough Boys for dinner and then complete the day with some of their awesome red velvet cake. Alas, the restaurant in Santa Monica was closed and I was too tired and lazy to head up to Hollywood. Instead it was off to the Farmer's Market for Fish and Chips. I discovered a new Pinkberry at the market - very cool. Still I held out for red velvet cake and was happily suprised when I found some in the Starbuck's on the top floor of Barnes and Noble.

I brought along my iPod for the drive and listened to Spanish PodCasts on the way up and back. Trying to get back in the Spanish groove after taking the fall off.

¡Tuve un viaje bueno!

No comments: