Saturday, February 2, 2008

Let It Snow

It has been cooler (low to mid 60's) and rainy lately. A wonderful combination that reminds me of the cool fall breezes and warm spring rains of Ontario.

I received the following e-mail this week ...

NEWS
Mountain High is enjoying the greatest winter conditions it has seen in years. With nearly ever lift and trail open, the deepest snow pack in So Cal, and a ton of great activities, it is going to be another fantastic day for skiing and snowboarding at Southern California's closest winter resort.


Then it dawned on me - Superbowl weekend is the perfect opportunity to hit the slopes! While the crowds are distracted by football and flaked out on the couch eating chips and salsa - I can enjoy a blissful day of snowboarding.

Just thinking about it, has got me in a winter groove. I love the beach and warm weather - but there is nothing like the wonder of a fresh snow fall.

Waking up to snow at Christmas

No comments: