Saturday, February 9, 2008

Girls Day Out

In honour of M's birthday -- today was "Girls Day Out".

We are currently enjoying summer like temperatures - the low to mid 70's today. It was perfect weather for wandering around LaJolla and visiting the beach. When I first came to San Diego I lived right in the Village of LaJolla. I enjoyed walking to the Cove almost every evening. Now, when I go back for a visit, I feel once again the wonder of my first days in San Diego!

We enjoyed lunch at The Hotel La Valencia. A first for both of us. I recommend the salmon and spinach salad. Spectacular! We had a wonderful view of the ocean from our table. The surf was up (way up!) and we enjoyed watching some adventurous souls body surfing.

After lunch we strolled through some galleries. My favourite was the nature photography of Mangelsen.

At the end of the day we returned to the ocean for low tide. The reef was brimming with tidepools and we couldn't resist taking our shoes off and dipping our toes in the ocean. I dipped a little more than toes - a big wave came along when I wasn't paying attention. I ended up soaked up to my waist! A very soggy end to the day.

M and E at the Cove



Swimming in a Tidepool?!?



Low Tide in LaJolla

No comments: