Friday, August 3, 2007

Where the Surf Meets the Turf

Happy Friday!

Today I met up with some friends from my 'old' job at the Del Mar Horse Races. The Del Mar Race track has this cool sense of history about it. My favourite part of the races is going to the paddock and watching the horses parade around before the race. I like to cheer for the horse with the prettiest colours or funkiest name. I don't gamble - but tonight I was convinced to let the moths out of my wallet and make a two dollar donation for Jack's Wild in race 7. Turns out the cool name strategy isn't as successful as I had hoped.

Click here to join in the fun and listen to Bing Crosby sing 'Where the Turf Meets the Surf at Del Mar'.

Here is a collage of pics from the evening. Click on the picture for the larger version.

No comments: