Monday, August 20, 2007

Midnight Madness Bike Ride

Saturday night I went on the craziest bike ride ever. I met up with friends from work and we participated in the San Diego Midnight Madness Bike Ride. It really was mad!

Around 10 pm people start gathering in the parking lot of the County Administration Building downtown. There were costume contests and bike lighting contests and way way too many men in speedos (shudder!).

At midnight hundreds of people flooded the downtown streets in the dark of night and start racing, zig zagging, jumping curbs, hooting and hollering through downtown.

The ride was about 20 miles and took us through downtown, Shelter Island, Point Loma, Old Town, the Ball Park district, over pot holes who threatened to eat us alive and finally back to the County Admin building.

It was fun but I was a little freaked by all bikes zig zagging, sirens (thanks to Mr. Fireman) and car horns.

Todd and his friends finished in 1 hour 35 minutes. My timidity slowed us down a little - but Bev and I still finished in just under two hours. A down right respectable time if I do say so myself!

Some Video Clips Of The Starting Line Festivities




Todd and Bev Hanging Out At The Start Line



The Firefighter



Tuxedo Man



The Masses ... Heading Up Harbour Drive



We Made It!! Bev and Elizabeth at the Finish Line

No comments: