Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Crocs!

I am not what you would call an "early adopter". Working in tech you'd think I would be one of those folks that has to have the lastest and greatest. Reality is - I didn't get a DVD player until the guy at Blockbuster gave me the dropped draw shocked look when I tried to rent a VHS movie. Apparently, they hadn't stocked VHS tapes in at least a year ... maybe two. The guy behind the counter couldn't even remember how long it had been. Gotta admit - sometimes I live in a cultural vacuum. It has been 3 or 4 years since I had rented a movie!

After the fateful Blockbuster trip I finally broke down ... took a trip to COSTCO and I came back with a TiVo with built in DVD player and burner. The TiVo was probably over the top for someone with basic cable who hardly watches TV. But, truth be told -- it is like high speed internet access -- once you have it there is just no going back.

All of this is a pre-amble to say I finally have jumped on the CROC bandwagon. Probably not quite as over the top exicting as my TiVo or MacBookPro purchases... but still pretty darn cool. Yup, I love my CROCS.

BTW, it continues to be freakin' hot here in So Cal. Crocs are perfect for wearing around the apartment in this heat -- a bit more civilized and hygenic then my normal barefeet routine.

Here I am proudly showing off my new Crocs. The funky hair do is because I just got out of the pool. The only way I can stay sane in this heat is to stay submerged.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mz Liz!
Love your Crocs! Ever checked out their website to view all of the styles available? I found the
'Beach' model you are sporting not to fit too well(SM being too short, Med. too loose)...must try another style. Bought Mom(81yrs old this Oct.17) a pr. this summer, navy blue, like yours! Mom in her crocs provide many smiles :) for the staff at CAMA! May you enjoy yours!!
Marcia L.

Anonymous said...

Mz Liz!
Love your Crocs! Ever checked out their website to view all of the styles available? I found the
'Beach' model you are sporting not to fit too well ( SM being too short, Med. too loose )...must try another style. Bought Mom( 81 yrs old this Oct. 17 ) a pr. this summer, navy blue, like yours! Mom in her crocs provide many smiles :) for the staff at CAMA! May you enjoy yours!!
Marcia L.